Do you know what to look for in a Soulmate?
If you are searching for your soulmate, or perhaps even feel you may have found him or her … how do you really know when you’ve found your soul mate? Do you have a list of factors or traits to refer to that defines what to look for in a soulmate for you?
Some people will tell you that they “just know”, while others can identify several characteristics and reasons why they seem to perfectly mesh with their relationship counterpart.
For those of us who haven’t found a soul mate yet, there are things you can start to look for to speed up the process. Certainly there will always be things you like and dislike about another person, but the true test is deciding whether or not you can lovingly accept the person unconditionally anyway.
Sometimes in love relationships, even when you care about someone very much, you may still discover that there is some factor that you simply cannot accept for one reason or another. It essentially becomes a deal breaker for you.
So with that in mind, here are 7 factors to help answer what to look for in a soulmate:
7 factors to answer what to look for in a soulmate
1. Morals & Beliefs. Everyone comes with their own set of morals and beliefs. We all know that we should be open, honest, and accepting of others. But oftentimes when our core beliefs differ, it’s hard to have a lasting relationship. This is why you’ll want to have deep discussions about faith, morals, and beliefs with potential partners. If someone isn’t a fit at this deep of a level, you should seriously consider whether the relationship is even worth getting serious about.
2. Communication. You’ll hear over and over that communication is the key. There are different ways of communicating and you need to figure out the best way to communicate with your partner. At the same time you need to know that you can live with this communication method. Some partners are big on talking, while others are more sensitive to nonverbal communication.
3. Respect. Does the potential partner respect you, your body, and your family? You’re one of a kind, so you shouldn’t give yourself to just anyone. Make sure he or she takes care of you and your family. You’re worth it!
4. Family. You need to mesh well with their family and vice versa. Discussions about family also include your hopes and dreams when it comes to your own future family. Do you want to get married someday? If so, how many kids would you like to have?
5. Personality. Your personality plays a big role in deciding your compatibility with others. However, it’s always up for debate whether or not it’s best to be with someone with a similar personality or someone with an opposite personality. In this case you’ll have to decide your own preference and see how it works out for you.
6. Hobbies & Interests. It’s pretty certain that you won’t share every hobby and interest that your partner enjoys. However, it definitely helps the relationship when you have things in common. This will provide you with activities to do with each other in order to deepen your relationship. There will also be plenty of topics for conversation.
7. Conflict. Even the most perfect couples deal with conflict from time to time. Both you and your partner need to learn the best methods to get through arguments effectively. Try not to lash out in anger, instead strive to understand your partner. Instead of playing the blame game, discuss your problems calmly. If your potential mate attacks you or consistently ignores your feelings, then it’s perhaps not a good fit.
Long Term Relationships and your Soulmate
When you first meet someone, you may be attracted to his or her looks or personality. As you get to know each other better, you’ll be able to see the clues as to whether or not you’ve found your true soul mate.
Try not to rush things along because anything worth having is worth waiting for! At the same time, you definitely should be having deep conversations about future plans and beliefs at an appropriate time in the relationship. This way if you run into a snag and find out that you can’t be together, you won’t be as emotionally invested. After all, you don’t want to waste as much time in a dead end relationship.
You always have to keep your chin up and have hope. Keep looking with an open heart and mind, because everyone’s soul mate is out there somewhere.
Want to learn more about how to rekindle your relationship with your soulmate?
If you would like to learn more strategies and techniques for how to find happiness in your marriage, here is a program that will help you. It is a very well done and has helped literally thousands of people rekindle their relationships and learn how to find their true Soulmate. It’s well worth your time to look at: How to Find Your Soulmate
NOTE: This post includes affiliate links. See our Disclosure for more information.
One Response to What To Look For In A Soulmate
Search Inspired Abundance
Please Make A Donation
If you see value in what we are doing and would like to support me in this mission to help people like you to awaken to the power you have within -- and to begin living your true potential -- then please make a contribution: $3, $5, $10 ... or any amount is greatly appreciated.