If you long to ignite passion in your marriage, fear not because you are in the right place.
A marriage, or any long lasting relationship is going to level off in terms of the passion you experience relative to when the relationship was new. But, that doesn’t mean you have to do without passion in your marriage.
Far from it.
In fact, with a little diligence, you can ignite passion in your marriage consistently and experience the spark that made your relationship so special and exciting in the first place.
Here are 9 sure fire ways to rekindle and ignite passion in your marriage … or any relationship, for that matter.
After you’ve been in a married relationship for a while, you’re likely to encounter a time when the passion dies down. However, it’s not something you should completely live without either.
Everyone falls into certain patterns that are comfortable. But, by breaking out of your comfort zone every so often, you’ll experience a sense of newness in your marriage.
It’s important to seek out that certain spark you felt when you first got together with your partner. Those feelings are still there, you just might need to be creative in finding ways to bring them out again.
Here are some ways that you can reignite the passion in your marriage:
1. Go out of your way. Remember at the beginning of your relationship how you would go out of your way to make your partner extra happy? Make these efforts again! It’ll surprise your partner and be a reminder about how much you love them.
• It doesn’t have to be an everyday thing, but everyone deserves a little “above and beyond” treatment!
2. Show your gratitude. You often think to yourself how grateful you are that your partner did something for you, and it’s important to let your partner know of your gratitude, too.
• You can do this through better communication and positive actions. Many times a simple, “Thank you for…” statement will let him know how much you appreciate his efforts.
3. Be considerate. Sometimes your partner is the only one who will allow you to be blunt and abrupt. It’s important to vent, but remember to act considerate around your partner as much as you can.
4. Spend time alone together. Everyone is busy, but you need to make the extra effort to have alone time together. It’s still important to make dates with each other and do things you’ve never done before.
5. Show affection. There are certainly ways to show your affection for your partner beyond bedroom activities. Show your love for each other with gentle touches and hugs. Snuggle together on the couch and just enjoy the closeness.
6. Seek adventure. Everyone has his or her own definition of adventure. You and your partner may even find different things adventurous. Do some of these activities together. Engaging in exhilarating activities can certainly ignite the passion in your marriage.
7. Enjoy your own alone time. On the other side of the coin, it’s a good idea to spend time away from your partner as well. Everyone needs space at times. Also, time apart can build up the anticipation for some of the things you may have planned with your partner.
8. Share your goals. Keep an open conversation with your partner about your future plans. Things may not always go according to plan, but it’s good to talk about your dreams and goals.
• While it’s fun to discuss what things were like at the beginning of your relationship, it’s also enjoyable to discuss where you think things are going.
9. Surprise your partner with a gift. It doesn’t have to be something expensive; in fact, you could even make it yourself. Just explore some thoughtful ideas that will let your partner know that you care about them.
You’ll find passion in your marriage as long as you make an effort to break up the monotony.
Communicate well, spend time together, and explore new activities together. When you do, you’ll discover the keys to a successful passionate marriage and and enduring relationship.
For more articles and information about how to ignite passion in your marriage and attracting more abundance and love into your life, click this link: Love and Relationships
NOTE: This post includes affiliate links. See our Disclosure for more information.
5 Strategies to Help Your Relationship Thrive Despite Its Flaws
Eliminating Regret in Your Relationships: How to Do It and Why It’s Important
Space in a Relationship: What Will You Do When Your Partner Says They Need Space?
How to Start Dating More and Stop Being Too Picky